"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Monday, February 25, 2013

Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!

Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Sunday night is best celebrated with a very reliable best friend, so about a few hours ago when I finished my dinner with family, I texted her right away to have some bonding moments. These past couple of days have been very hectic so we deserve some companionable silence together and right now we are here lounging at the newly discovered tea shop along Tomas Morato and it is called Joe Monkey Milk Tea. While she planned of finishing her paper works to be submitted tomorrow morning, I killed my time browsing news online and of course blogging about my fresh discovery.

Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Like all milk tea shops that crowded the Metro Manila, Joe Monkey has variety to offer its customers. They are categorized into Mousse-Tache (a recognizable trademark which is their version of rock salt and cheese); Frostbite; Milk Tea; Refresher Tea and Iced Fuit Latte. This shop has limited sinkers and floaters and they are not free (like at least two add-ons) unlike in selected milk tea places I know. Moreover, to our dismay snacks or any small food items are not available. Though we came here with full stomach we are still kind of expecting that they included some food in the menu to complement tea and make our dining experience a good one.  But according to the barista they do sell cupcakes! And that's a good reason to keep me and my bff to come back here anytime soon.
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Joe Monkey Milk Tea with black sugar jelly PhP75 + PhP20 (left) and Strawberry Mousse-Tache PhP95 (right). Jenn ordered the best seller which she obviously enjoyed. She wanted a coffee jelly but not the strong type so good thing that the lady who took our order, who is on solo duty right now suggested that they have add-on similar to what my bff was looking for. I just noticed that there is no logo on their cups  which is kinda unbecoming to look at.
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Strawberry is my favorite flavor when it comes to ice cream and I guess this could also become my favorite beverage next to Calamansi Juice and Pineapple Juice. I preferred to order Strawberry Mousse-Tache because it is my goal to taste all the rock salt and cheese variant of all tea shops at least here in Manila to study the difference between each other. The topping was foamy, cheesy but for me it's more of the milky side and somehow like that of the all purpose cream combined with yummy cheese. I decided to have it with lesser ice but the yield was unattractive making me shift to the standard portion.
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
The dining area is a bit spacious and conducive for barkada hang outs or me time. Wifi connection is strong making it possible for me to enjoy it big time as of this writing. If you need to pee, you must go to the neighboring restaurant, Chili's, since they are sharing restroom with them.Will I visit this place again?! Definitely!
Have A Cup of Awesome at Joe Monkey!
Branches: Legarda (ground floor of Lumera Tower) and UST (my Alma Mater). Tomas Morato branch is open daily from 11AM to 12:45AM (not 1AM as indicated on their glass door)

JOE MONKEY
Tomas Morato Ave Laging Handa, Quezon
beside Chili's and in front of Mesa
joemonkey.manila@gmail.com]
Facebook Page
Twitter

0 comments: