"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SMACKED SNACK: KFC Barbecue Shredder


One past midnight on our way home, my guy friend and I suddenly experienced abdominal contractions due to empty stomach. And we thought the best way to answer that was to take a short midnight break before finally hailing a taxi cab. Good thing there was a 24 hour KFC nearby.

SMACKED SNACK: KFC Barbecue Shredder
Since I was so intrigued about  the Barbecue Shredder after seeing print and tv ads and I also got tired with my default order (Chik 'n Fillet Sandwich and macaroni salad) whenever I visit KFC, I ordered this one sensational burger for myself. I was hoping that this won't fail me.


SMACKED SNACK: KFC Barbecue Shredder
On the other hand, my food buddy ordered a rice-based meal that comes with a drink already. A 2-piece Chicken Steak meal was so good to satisfy his hunger pang. He had another order of rice to have his meal beyond satisfaction. Oh well I can see it from his face.
SMACKED SNACK: KFC Barbecue Shredder
Going back to the sandwich favored by so many, I need to experience it too otherwise I would feel left out and not 'in' with the newest food finds. So as I unwrap the  KFC Barbecue Shredder I felt how dense it is and as I fully uncover what's in it for me, those barbecue-y chicken shreds were oozing from the soft Kaiser bun.
SMACKED SNACK: KFC Barbecue Shredder
Crunchy tortilla chips and fresh lettuce made the entire burger more like a tad hefty. I especially like the smoky barbecue taste of the burger, the overall burger texture and its value for money. A solo order would cost you PhP55 while a meal is only PhP85! Of course I had the one with fries and orange juice drink. Actually, at first I find the burger quite hard to take on one big bite because of the ingredients fall off the bun making it messy to start your bite with. But overall, it is worth trying as it is yummy, satisfying and vary affordable. KFC is always so gooooood! ^_^

KFC
EDSA CENTRAL
G/F Pavillion Mall  EDSA cor Shaw Boulevard 
Mandaluyong City
Official Website
Facebook Page

***
 SMACKED SNACK is yaniconquistadora's compilation of cheap eats or great snacker's find in and out of the metro and of course from the confines of her own home. Basically this is composed of her brief reviews on anything that is considered to be a light quick meal at any given hour of the day. Any food consumed out of elation, cravings or just any type of mood that could possibly be associated with food. Are you now ready to smack all the snacks or allow it to kiss you goodbye? Join me and let's smack 'em down!
***
 
 

0 comments: