"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Kain na, mga Kapatid! Sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!

Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Kain na, mga Kapatid! This is how Oriang, a sister restaurant of Cafe de Bonifacio in The Podium, warmly welcomes its guests. Situated in the bustling Fiesta Market area of Market! Market! in Taguig, it seriously targets Filipino and foreigners alike. The place is actually a good venue for a food establishment for it is surrounded by corporate offices and is near bus and jeepney terminal. High foot traffic is greatly expected in this area which is a good move by the management of Cafe de Bonifacio to expand in this far side of the city. Oriang by Cafe de Bonifacio opened its doors last January 17 of this year. "Oriang" is the name of the restaurant because that is the nickname of Andres Bonifacio's wife Gregoria de Jesus, which I was not fully aware of not until I had the chance to visit the establishment with a group of food bloggers. For everybody's knowledge, Cafe de Bonifacio was actually inspired by Andres Bonifacio. Hence, it is but fitting that the people behind this restaurant have "Oriang" by Cafe de Bonifacio in Fort Bonifacio. 
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Oriang has undoubtedly bright and lively setting. When I first set foot in this resto I know that I'll be super comfortable and that my food shots would be remarkable. Though I experienced intense heat while traveling from home to Taguig, my mood seemed to be fine because I know that the cuisine offered by them no matter how I am repetitively exposed to it is something that I cannot just avoid nor ignore. Oriang promises its guests of revolutionizing Filipino cuisine that generously provide popular Filipino dishes, along with fusion of modern and classic Pinoy dishes that very well reflects our cooking practices and traditions. I'm fortunate to have tried Cafe de Bonifacio last year and at least I basically have an idea on what to discover and uncover here.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
For starters, we were offered with a delicious platter of Oriang Crispy Noodle in Pesto while waiting for starters. This is quite similar to that of Cafe de Bonifacio's except that the noodles are thinner and incorporated in generous pesto sauce.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Ripe Mango with Coconut Cream Juice was my bet that afternoon. So different and very reinvigorating. Just perfect to soothe my dry and  thirsty throat.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!The moment I saw my seatmate grabs this tall glass of  Kalamansi with Chinese Dried Plum Oriang Cooler, I felt the nagging desire to have that drink as well. I'm so into calamansi juice especially during summer and hers was not the typical kind for it was infused with dried plum which is so mind disturbing.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Chili Garlic Butter Prawns PhP395
Chili plus garlic would always be an awesome concoction particularly when cooked with large pieces of shrimps.You can never go wrong with the tasty seafood dish like this. For me, this is so good with steamed rice and should not be taken as is.
Kain na, mga Kapatid! Sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Oriang Super Fried Rice PhP215
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
At first sight, you can easily determine that this is one kind of a specialty rice. A one dish meal and could be taken as is without any additional viand on the side. An incredible rice dish topped with sinful slices of pork liempo. Very yummy for a fried rice and good for 4-6 persons.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Pinakbet with Liempo and Chicharon PhP165
A hearty vegetable dish loaded with all the vitamins and nutrients your body need. I liked the idea of topping one of my favorite Ilocano dishes with crushed chicharon and slices of pork liempo for it made it look like uncheap and huge is serving size.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Nilagang Bulalo PhP325
Probably this is the best Bulalo recipe I've ever tasted here in Manila! Guess how many of us shared this huge bowl loaded with beef shanks and marrow bones?  We were four but there's still a lot of stew remained. Oh, it was indeed very delicious! How I wished my mother can cook her bulalo this way.  Those collagen and fat melted so right in my mouth. I went crazy for the corn on the cob as well. I will definitely miss this soup when I go abroad for work.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Crispy Hito PhP265
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Very much similar to Crispy to the Bone Hito ni Ka Freddie. As I've said in my food review for Cafe de Bonifacio, when ordering this dish not a crumb will ever be wasted because you can eat everything from the head of hito down to the fins and tail.  Some parts of the fish are already cubed and filleted for comfort in eating. This is one hito recipe that I could not afford to forget, really. Always best with pinakurat, the best tasting vinegar for me yet.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Leche Flan Coffee PhP70
I know for a fact that though that day was my very first time to have actually sampled this dessert, I have heard or read it somewhere. Isn't the name very intriguing? Coffee-flavored leche flan? The taste was slightly bitter with an orange-y kick by which it is overpowered by the caramel. It is totally worth ordering to at least compensate one's  curiosity. Taste actually resembles that of X.O coffee candy and the custard was a bit small though rich in unique flavor.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
 Mango and Latik Roti PhP85
Name is actually the same with Cafe de Bonifacio dessert except for the presentation, serving portion and price. Though this one is good enough to satisfy one's craving for an up-to-date dessert made with popular fleshy fruit combined with coconut milk residue and drizzled with luscious caramel sauce.
Kain na, mga Kapatid! Sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Turon de Gregoria PhP85
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Another dish which bears the same name from the dessert list of Cafe de Bonifacio. Taste-wise it was really comforting especially the fact that it was sided with a  big scoop of vanilla ice cream. I would just like to take note the quality of banana used for this recipe is it was too mushy for me that it is not at par with the turon recipe that I'm exposed to. Better if banana slices are still firm after cooking. Fried wonton wrappers gave the entire dessert the crunch that is so desirable for this type of panghimagas.
Kain na, mga Kapatid sa Oriang (by Cafe de Bonifacio)!
Tara na! Kain na sa Oriang! This I highly recommend for this is one fine place that surely gives you the contemporary and comforting dishes that you and your family and friends deserve. It is not bad to love our own dishes cooked and styled with a twist. Perfect for whatever budget you may have at the moment. If you come here on a group of 4 or more, you may opt to have the Hating Kapatid Salu-Salo Meals! Everybody is worthy to have a rewarding treat like Oriang can offer. Affordable. Truly Pinoy. And will change the way you treat and eat Pinoy dishes. Open daily from 11AM until 12MN. Mind you, beers are served here all day long. Avail of their ongoing Day-Till-Night Beer Promo if you have the chance to.

Now, I wonder what's next after Cafe de Bonifacio and Oriang? Hmmmm...that one for sure is interesting!

ORIANG by Cafe de Bonifacio
Fiesta Market Area at the Market! Market! Mall, Taguig 
(02) 869 8967
Facebook Page

0 comments: