"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.


CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
was here last month to attend a mini-event or should I say an orientation about a fast growing online loan and money management company nowadays. I am well aware that this place is not just a culinary school but also a market store, restaurant and events place where best food, best service and best environment can be found. Hence the name CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café. I pass by this cafe once in a while whenever I drop by the hippiest and not so crowded mall on the other side of Ortigas known as The Podium. I happen to know this place better when I entered one of their three function rooms at the far side of the restaurant one lazy Saturday afternoon and in a short while tasted some of their snack offerings. 

CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Since I do not know the exact title of an array of dishes served and presented before us on a long table at the back part of the meeting room, I tried searching online for the possibility of getting their correct names. Unfortunately, I found not a single menu of the said place simply because there is really no set menu. Correct me if I am wrong but my research proved me that no menu is available online perhaps because each celebration needs a customized set of dishes and that CCA does not entirely publicize it. I'll tell you in a bit what me and my fellow participants had that day, at least describe them if not totally share with you the complete names of snack items.
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
CCA in Podium is also a market store where all sorts of kitchen utensils, cook books, ingredients and other kitchen essentials or commodities pertaining to cookery can be seen. Additionally, freshly cooked items are being sold here too made by the finest and well-respected chefs of the institution.

The following are the items that were responsible to feed our hungry stomachs after a two-hour long session. These food mirror Filipino cuisine in a high-end, stylish and very satisfying way. A Filipino merienda that is so now and out of the shadows of being old-fashioned.
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Chicken salad in pastry cups. Now I cannot really remember if these cute pastry cups has fish of chicken filling, all I remember is its creaminess and slightly seasoned taste.
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Turon. Also known as Banana Lumpia or turrón de banana is drizzled with chocolate syrup and then sprinkled with confectioners sugar. Slightly thin and elongated and a real deal for an afternoon snack. I just find some pieces to be a bit overcooked or sugar too caramelized on some parts because of  bitter taste which is not ideal I believe.
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Adobo Flakes Pandesal with white cheese. This one was extra yummy for my palate to appreciate. Very Pinoy!
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Pork Barbecue on a Fork. This one looks so special because pork barbecue were not on a wooden skewer but instead still on a wooden thing which is fork. Just cool! Only that after eating you feel that your plate is a mess with so many wooden fork in it. 
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Okoy also known as Crisp Shrimp Fritters. I only ate minute amount of this not because I hate okoy but because of the obvious after taste  which was so unappealing to me. As a result I cannot place if the vinegar dipping sauce complements the fritters or not.
Sago't Gulaman. What beverage do you honestly expect for a Filipino-inspired snack? This drink should do of course. Sweet and very refreshing. Bottomless for this beverage is such a music to my ears. 
CCA Podium. Culinary School. Market Café.
Ooops you are wrong as this is not my first plate but rather my third and last plate :)

Do you have any occasion in mind to celebrate in a most unique and best and probably unforgettable way? Why not try Center for Culinary Arts Podium and let your palate guide you. 



CCA Podium Culinary School Market Café 
5th Floor The Podium Mall
ADB Avenue
 Ortigas Center, Philippines
(+63 2) 6969083
Official Website
Facebook Page

Twitter

0 comments: