"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Thursday, August 23, 2012

KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles

KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
Out of the blue,  Ghela, her sister and I dined here after a very very long and tedious day at work. I was so craving for a real Chinese fix that day but I kept mum about it  and good thing we landed here. It was kind of comforting to have a wide array of Chinese restaurants here in San Juan City that whenever I needed some of my warm noodle and siopao cravings I can easily give a pleasant answer to it. We were first timers at this place which made us all the more excited but problem is since this is an unplanned dining out I  was not able to bring with me my camera to produce good quality food shots. Hence, pardon me for the lack of better images folks, just used my iPad 2 to be able to have something to share with you foodies. I think can still remember that this place was the second to the last restaurant that my friend, her younger sister and I went last April before she leaves for Canada, a memory which forever stays in my heart.

KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles restaurant is known for offering Authentic Northern Chinese Cuisine. Why? Because it is only in Northern China where hand-pulled noodles are a staple, and beef and lamb are the specialty items. Open from Monday to Sunday starting 11AM until 10PM. We learned from a staff that they also have a branch in Quezon City which I'm still about to discover.




Kanzhu has enough list of dishes on their menu. Not the extensive type that will cause you to order later even if you are too hungry.  
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
A Chinese chef demonstrating his noodle pulling expertise. How I wish I can see this live. I witnessed some of it in Binondo and in a fine-dining Chinese restaurant in SM Megamall.
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles A brief history of Kanzhu in Chinese character and its English translation. Next time you guys are assured of better quality photos.
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
Dining area is enough to cater at least 30 guests. Each tables is numbered for easy distinction by the waiters like for instance we were seated at table B06. Since we started our dinner at the just right time, more and more diners come in defining this place to be a regular hideout place of foodies inspired to have Northern Chinese cuisine.

KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles Milk Tea and Fruit Tea series are out for grabs too!
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
Beef Fried Rice PhP150
We do not want to settle for a plain fried rice so we had to beef it up and order this kind of rich and meaty fried rice. Surprisingly I am nearing full tank in just how many spoonfuls of this rice. Crazy but true. Perhaps due to its too many small vegetable cut-ups
Sweet and Sour Pork
I cannot understand how come this dish landed on our table even if it was not written on the menu. My best guess is that my friends insisted to have this out of cravings. Who would not want an overly delicious Sweet and Sour recipe as great as this one. Thick sweet and sour sauce with a twist of orange I guess.
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
Braised Beef Noodle Soup PhP150
I have always trusted this type of soup and it has been my favorite since I do not know when. It has a thick, juicy and fleshy beef short rib and imported US beef cubes, the kind that the meat falls off the bone. Made even more extra delicious because of its extremely yummy broth because of the seasonings and spices used. It never failed me and Kanzhu has one of the biggest bowls I've tried so far, perfect for sharing. This is one of their specialties.
KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
What better way to end a meal in a Chinese restaurant? Tea time of course! It is definitely on the house.

Need something to satisfy your cravings? Try Kanzhu and be amazed at how special indeed their list of authentic Chinese specialty dishes. See you when I see you :)



KANZHU Hand-Pulled Noodles
G/F Citiplace Bldg, J. Abad Santos St.
San Juan City, Philippines
477-7919 / 748-7910
Official Website
Facebook Page
Twitter

0 comments: