"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

HARVEST GASTRO PUB: Getting To Know





Last Saturday I was among the lucky ones to be invited by Pilipinas Teleserv, which is an innovative company that provides teleservices solutions and efficient call center based services that effectively provides convenience in NSO Birth Certificate Delivery, POEA OFW Exit Clearance Delivery, DFA Passport Appointment System among others. One of those services I've tried already a few years back.  

The event happened  at the newest pub in The Fort at exactly 8:00 AM. Matter-of-factly. the building where the restaurant is situated was where the Alexandre, an authentic French bakery, cafe and lounge once stood. 

Facade of the newest dining hub at The Fort. Something to look forward too!
Since the Alexandre Cafe bid farewell last year it is currently  owned and operated by a Filipino businessman named Mr. Raffy David, who by the way is also the Marketing Director of Pilipinas Teleserv. Moreover,  the culinary team is being headed by Mr. Junjie Abella whom I haven't met yet. Maybe during the official business  opening in the coming weeks ^_^ Located just in front of Bonifacio Technology Centre.



Explore the place with these pictures I've provided for you guys. Enjoy! 



Black and white seats and tables that can be found in front of the restaurant. This spells none other than al fresco dining. 



Or you would rather kill your time inside where couches or sofas with chaise invite you to sit down and relax while maybe having some coffee time with friends. 

 Long tables for big groups are available too. Perfect for get together, reunions or meetings

 The ceiling with black and white hues which looks so modern to me. Obviously. some of Alexandre Cafe's motif still remained.

 Bar area which comprised of all sorts of beers and wines from different parts of the world.



The wall design which looked so familiar to me. Tall cereal plants for the logo and design? Why not! ^_^
Making me wonder why? Hope to get answers soon :)
Now let me take you to our brunch meal. As usual in events like this proper meals are being served to the guests. It was actually my first time to have met most of the bloggers I have mostly interacted with in the blogosphere and social networking site like Facebook. Majority are fresh faces and it felt awesome to see  them in person. Hope to mingle with them more in the future as I am still a newbie in here. I know I'll learn great things from them.


Unlimited Orange Juice for me please! I fished two and a half glasses because it is too refreshing. Perfect for summer!

 Another summer favorite ...fruits were present on our brunch table! Watermelon, pineapple and melon fruit slices that are so cold. I always want my fruit slices served that way and also fruits in the morning always work best for me and my tummy.


 Assorted breads such as Multigrain, Butter Croissant, Rye Bread and Baguette were all present to give our stomach a much filling sensation. All these breads were freshly baked.


Cutleries were served in a manner that sanitary practices are being observed. Placed in a plastic basket with table napkins.




Western Breakfast
There were actually three plated breakfast available to choose from, Western (my choice), Filipino and Seafood. I noticed that almost all of us chose Western Breakfast plate, maybe for a change. My chosen breakfast composed of the following: Double Smoked Bacon, Forest Ham, Banger Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Garlic Rice, and Tomato Ensalada. Everything in my plate seemed perfect except for one thing - the cucumber slices which to me looked wilted and not that fresh. Anyway I just avoided eating those two slices but finished the greens of course ^_^ Such a hearty brunch from Harvest Gastro Pub. Privileged to be among those selected few to try it for the very first time. See you again!





HARVEST GASTRO PUB
Grand Hamptons Tower2

31st St. cor 1st Avenue 
BGC Taguig 1634
Manila, Philippines

0 comments: