"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Monday, July 23, 2012

CHEF & BREWER Cafe and Restaurant in Ortigas


CHEF & BREWER Cafe and Restaurant in Ortigas
12th of July, my birthday when suddenly this co-blogger of mine named Carlo invited Ness, Marco, Vance and I to join him in a chillaxing entertainment to witness the performance of our idol Gary Valenciano along with singers Dingdong Avanzado and Julianne Tarroja, the budding Filipina singer-songwriter that is remarkably at par with the seasoned Filipino singers. That happened on a late night at Chef & Brewer Cafe and Restaurant in Ortigas. What a great way to end my birthday. Not only the dishes are satisfying but the ambiance was way too classy and local artist guests very entertaining. This place is not just for people who loves good food and music every night but could also cater to lunch and dinner crowd. It specializes in Western, Continental and Filipino cuisines so you will have plenty of choices to choose from. That night we had the following:
                 CHEF & BREWER Mochaccino
Mochaccino (PhP 130)
CHEF & BREWER Frozen Margarita
Frozen Margarita (PhP 210)
CHEF & BREWER Frappuccino
Frappuccino (PhP 145)
Since I am feeling a bit heady due to my busy schedule from morning til evening, I ordered a hot drink to warm my tummy and to stimulate my senses. Caffeine content of Mochaccino was enough to let me enjoy the rest of my birthday night. You need not to add sugar to this drink even if a bowl of crystalline sweets was served before me. Ness and Marco, on the other hand ordered for something alcoholic which is something they mimic from the table across ours- Frozen Margarita, a drink that could easily make me heady. Vance, my seatmate preferred not to indulge into something alcoholic just like me, so she gobbled up Frappuccino. Enough to make her stay with us until one in the morning. CHEF & BREWER  Fish and Chips
Fish and Chips (PhP 450)
Two orders of this were enough to feed the five of us. Soft to the bite and lightly seasoned. Perfect to any kind of drink we have ordered.
CHEF & BREWER Garden Pizza
Garden Pizza (PhP 470)
An awesome 10-inch pizza made with Red & Green bell Pepper, onion, tomato, black olives, capers, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, feta cheese topped w/ garden salad. Surely my vegetarian friend ordered for this one as he is into a strict vegetarian diet. Thus, our group must adjust with him and no biggie really with us. It pays to have someone who could teach you to eat high-fiber food or dishes such as this one even late at night. Here's a link of Chef and Brewer's 10 New Pizzas for 10 fun Years.CHEF & BREWER Salmon Steak
CHEF & BREWER Salmon Steak
Salmon Steak (PhP 635)
This fish steak. . .killer! Fresh, salty and yummy . . I can't grope for the right description for this dish. Just a perfect match to our mini-date and birthday celebration. How I wish I could eat this plate solo :)

And hey, did I told you that that night at Chef & Brewer was all about entertainment than food? We were amused by some of our local celebrities and we can't help but jive with their songs and sing-a-long with them. Jessa Zaragoza was even behind us as we are being possessed by the live performances of her husband. By the way here's the band schedule of the place which starts at &PM onwards that I daresay you must not miss: Mondays - Mullato Band; Tuesdays - Boolmfields; Wednestdays- Midlife Crisis; Fridays- Bedroom Boys; Saturdays- Big Bash Band.
CHEF & BREWER Dingdong Avanzado
Dingdong Avanzado
Chef & Brewer Julianne Tarroja
Julianne Tarroja
CHEF & BREWER  Gary Vaneciano
Gary Valenciano
CHEF & BREWER Dindong Avanzado
That party feeling on a cold July night was simply irresistible. Hope we could repeat the same experience again. Something unplanned yet something memorable and yes it was my birthday night! ^_^ For your info, this cafe and restaurant is not open during Sundays.



CHEF & BREWER Cafe and Restaurant
G/F AIC Gold Tower 
F. Ortigas Jr. Road corner Sapphire St.
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 

0 comments: