"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Still Another Lunch Buffet Experience at Bayview Park Hotel


Bayview Hotel's Kulinarya Kalayaan Food Festival
As a matter of fact this is my third review of the Bayview Hotel's Kulinarya Kalayaan Food Festival. You guys still have chance to experience what I've just experienced until the end of July. Make sure you are starving before you hit that hotel in order to maximize every penny you spend. I suggest be there as early as 11AM as crowd become dense once 12 noon strikes. I surmise the hotel's coffee shop could cater to 60-70 guests, thus there's enough room for everyone. So shall I show you now what set of Filipino dishes that my palate favorably tackled the other day?
 Itlog na Maalat na may Kamatis at Sibuyas (Salted Eggs with Tomatoes and Onions)
This is impossible to resist. Oh my. . . I can live by just eating salted eggs, tomatoes and onions :)
Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew)
Chicken stew to warm my just filled stomach. Green leafy vegetables drenched in the chicken ginger soup. An absolutely good comfort food.

Kanin sa Pandan (Steamed Rice)
Pancit Canton Guisado (Stir-Fried Canton Noodles with Mixed Seafoods and Vegetables)
Good that this is not the type of bland stir-fried noodles I had recently from a well-known Chinese restaurant. Rich in taste but lacked in veggies and seafood pieces for me.
 Paksiw na Pata (Pork Legs with Knuckle sand Banana Blossoms)
I challenged myself to eat this without rice and I succeeded but later on I realized that its suptous flavor is better off with steamed pandan rice. Though I find this viand bony at least the aroma and overall taste were so tempting. Do not inderestimate pork knuckles as they are getting better and better tasting than what you could probably have in mind.
 
 Ginataang Tambakol (Mackerel in Coconut Cream)
Coconut cream is always best with any fish particularly milkfish and mackerel too. I realized that Bayview has the best set of Filipino dishes that afternoon. This one is so adorable. ore rice please!
 Pinakbet (Sauteed Mixed Vegetable with Shrimp Paste)  Bayview Hotel
 Pinakbet (Sauteed Mixed Vegetable with Shrimp Paste)
Vegetable pieces were too mushy for me but I love every droplets of the dish. My father is an Ilokano and cooks all sorts of  their cuisines, so I know a real pinakbet when I taste one. This one is appetizingly good.

 Sari-Saring Kakanin (Assorted Rice Cakes)
No halo-halo for that afternoon nor their house specialty leche flan, my meal-enders were as usual sweet and undeniably good. Biko, Ube, Sapin-sapin..you name it. 

Although I went at the hotel still quite full, I made sure that I taste tested all of them even in minute amount. I guarantee you that your hard-earned money will be worth it. Right now, I am still contemplating if my friends would agree with me to avail their overnight stay so that they could experience the fiesta-like atmosphere of the only one restaurant inside Bayview Park Hotel.

0 comments: