"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Friday, July 20, 2012

SMACKED SNACK: JOLLIBEE Coffee Float, Chocolate Float and Crisscut Fries


As in-between meal one past dinner time, my friends and I decided to drop by our old favorite fast-food restaurant in San Juan City ---JOLLIBEE. We came from a rising burger joint somewhere in Shaw boulevard where we had our biggie burgers for an insanely heavy and burp-forming dinner. Still not satisfied with our binge eating session, we hastily plan on visiting our former co-workers and team members for a much-needed catching up whilst enjoying some of Jollibee's newest offerings. We missed seeing each other and certainly that was the best time to update and engage ourselves in good conversations which timely brought us to ordering Coffee Float, Chocolate Float and Crisscut Fries. Seeing these items in commercials alone make me crave for them more and more each day, so that night was such an opportune time to taste them even if our stomach still full from the hefty and killer burger we had earlier. It's more fun to eat and explore while enriching your food knowledge, right? Here's what we ordered and shared together:

JOLLIBEE Coffee Float and Chocolate Float
JOLLIBEE Coffee Float and Chocolate Float
 Coffee Float and Chocolate Float (PhP 45 each)
Based on the commercial, you'll get a lift when you sip Jollibee Floats but did we really feel the same way? Read on. Coffee Float was too bold in flavor for me from my first sip up to the final sip that somehow made me feel sick. I did not finish my cup instead I enjoyed drinking the other variant. I am a self-confessed coffee addict but  I simply did not like how it was prepared. Too strong and very unappealing. It failed me and so were my friends :( On the other hand, the Chocolate Float has nice chocolaty taste that suits my sweetness level and really promising among the float beverages in the market. I am sure this is the best-selling item among Jollibee float variants. Both drinks were creamy maybe because of the vanilla  softserve on top when you stir it well with the drink. How I wish that this softserve could still survive to float even without ice because ice pieces occupy greatly clear cup space that would leave you wondering if you are getting your money's worth.  I know this has been an issue for float drinkers be it in Jollibee or its competitor/s. Less ice is more favorable and more delicious ^_^  
Jollibee Zesty Cheese Crisscut Fries and Savory Barbecue Crisscut Fries
Jollibee Zesty Cheese Crisscut Fries and Savory Barbecue Crisscut Fries
Zesty Cheese Crisscut Fries and Savory Barbecue Crisscut Fries (PhP 51 each)
We ordered two large crisscut fries of different variants to help us answer our curiosity. I'm unsure whether this item is just a comeback or what, but it surely is a come on for a snackers and french fries eaters like Mychal, Kath and yours truly. This type of fries is far from the conventional long strips of fried potato that we are addicted to eat with lotsa tomato catsup. To be honest, I like how it was marketed or advertised but the taste was kinda off. Even if served warm, these flavored fries seemed interesting and appealing in appearance at first yet the taste is conflicting with my accepted standard of good taste. No need to add more salt as each piece is highly-seasoned causing me to be heady and upsetting my mood. Might not order this in the future. I strongly believe that Jollibee is always good when it comes to product development and innovation but this crisscut fries is worst tasting flavored fries that I've tried lately :(( Regular-size crisscut fries will cost you PhP 31.

Have you tasted any of the snack items mentioned above? If so, how did you find it?

***************************************************************************************************
SMACKED SNACK is yaniconquistadora's compilation of cheap eats or great snacker's find in and out of the metro and of course from the confines of her own home. Basically this is composed of her brief reviews on anything that is considered to be a light quick meal at any given hour of the day. Any food consumed out of elation, cravings or just any type of mood that could possibly be associated with food. Are you now ready to smack all the snacks or allow it to kiss you goodbye? Join me and lets smack 'em down!
***************************************************************************************************

0 comments: