"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Harvest Gastro Pub: A new place to dine in Bonifacio Global City


Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Another review about HARVEST GASTRO PUB but this time around it's dinner time. Invited by OpenRice Philippines, my friend Ness and I excitedly traveled all the way from Tutuban Shopping Center to the 31st street in Bonifacio Global City where this newest hang-out pub is situated. Although it was both our second time already compared to those who were invited and present that night, the vibe was a lot different from the first time we encountered the place. Admittedly, we were a bit late for the said event but we still manage to engage in good conversation with old and familiar faces and even new ones as well. The owner named Junjie Abella joined us in our table in the middle of our gastronomic pleasure, he constantly strike light and friendly conversation with us and there was never a dull moment with him. I should say he was very accommodating that he even allowed us to order anything we want from the menu- yes as in everything! To simply put it, he did not want to preempt anything that we have to share  to our readers and foodie friends. We had to honestly order and eat anything that we feel like eating without of course overdoing it. Since I  am not that starving when I arrived, I just ordered for meals that piqued my interest making sure that it did not copy the orders my fellow OpenRicers/bloggers. In the end we shared meals together but  I've only included here those that really went through my palate. 

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
As I've mentioned in my previous blog post, Harvest's interior and some furniture came from the a French cafe which used to occupy this restaurant before. I used to receive emails from them regarding their current promos and it was so shocking that they have to bid goodbye and leave Manila for good last year. Hence, Harvest Gastro Pub came to life and it was a common knowledge that Harvest's current space was previously leased by Alexandre Cafe. Now, it has a different image to portray, more of liquors and imported drinks plus exciting dishes to choose from. 
                    Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Mango Juice and Cranberry Juice (PhP 60 each)

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
I preferred to order Cranberry Juice over the fresh fruit juices offered on the menu as I wanted something different to drink nowadays. I expected it not be so sweet but sour which was so good to play with my taste buds that night. It seemed to be pure which did not taste awful at all.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Roasted Tomato Cream Soup (PhP 140)
It is a big bowl which can be shared by two to three persons. Thick, creamy and flavorful. I just cannot comprehend the secret behind its great taste nor for calling it roasted yet creamy at the same time i but I would admire the soup better if mixed with more herbs.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Baked Cream Dory in Lemon Butter (PhP 220)
Served on a wooded board with adequate portion of cream dory drenched in lemon butter sided with grilled greens and mashed potato. I fell in love with the lemony taste of fish fillet that I badly needed warm plain rice that time but was shy to order. I am not a fan of mashed potato so I just tasted it in less than a spoonful.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Fillet Mignon (Php 395)
10 oz beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon and served with creamy mushroom rice and ceasar salad. This one is the bomb! I suggest you order this but make sure that it will not stress your heart. Thick flavorful patty but I believe its real and best taste will be best promoted should the server did not forget to include the gravy that comes with the dish. My seatmate and I decided to blend this with tomato soup for ease in eating without any clue that it was supposed to have a gravy to complement the meat viand. Good thing that when Mr. Junjie asked for our feedback we discovered the fact behind this plate.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Gambas Al Ajilo (PhP 295)
This one is obviously of Spanish origin made with fresh white shrimps, chorizo pamplona, olive oil, tons of garlic and paprika sofrito. What made this dish so cool to eat is because of its garlicky taste that was so awesome plus a mix of chili. A nightcap with this order coupled with a fave bottle of beer will definitely make your day ecstatic. Two thumbs up for this order. 

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Laing Shrimps Kesong Puti (PhP 395)
The owner is a full-blooded Bicolano so this one has a special place on his heart.  My first time to taste such an awesome and original gourmet pizza creation made with extra thin crust and high quality and fresh ingredients. I got so hooked on this that this pizza is so memorable, thus I'll never forget to order this when I return to Harvest one day with my beau who is a purebred Bicolano too. One who loves spicy dishes and anything with coconut milk or gata. High five!

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Spinach Lasagna with 4 Cheese (PhP 230)
If you are a lasagna person and loves veggies then this could not miss you eyes and palate as well. I love greens more so if it is overloaded with cheese such as this one. Very hot, nutritious and delicious! The odd taste of spinach was well-complemented by the four types of cheese melted all over the plate.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Fresh Strawberry Mojito (PhP 180)
I did not order for this but I my seatmate allowed me to take a sip of this signature drink. I expected it to be so refreshing and fruity. Alcohol content is just right. Hope Harvest will soon come up with the buy 1 take 1 signature drink to attract more guests and I could possibly be present every other week with my friends. Other drinks available are Local and Imported beers, Juices, Shooter, and Mocktails and Shakes.

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Ube Pili Cake (PhP 160)

Harvest Gastro Pub, Bonifacio Global City
Cheesecake (PhP 140)
The only available cakes that kept us drooling until late in the evening. The Ube Pili Cake was noteworthy given its different kind of concoction. It was fairly big in slice and do not just look tempting as it was really big in taste too. I liked the in-between spread or cream since it adds "it" factor to the dessert. However, the Cheesecake happened to be the crowd's favorite because of its luscious flavor because of its sweet, smooth and rich texture. I liked the idea that the graham cracker pie crust was well-proportioned with the velvety cream cheese. Absolutely perfect as meal ender!

Wide selection of menu items but more improvement on the aesthetic appeal of the menu before it gets too old and shabby. Prices are okay but make sure you have enough to shell out for the 10% service charge as the prices given are still subject to VAT. A little more customer focus for the food servers and back of the house to avoid missing important part of the order. Place is cozy and suitable for a casual romantic kind of date and late night celebration. Dishes are hearty and have big portion sizes. Pub closes late around 3am from Monday to Saturday and until 12 midnight every Sunday.

HARVEST GASTRO PUB
Grand Hampton Tower 2 31st St. cor. 1st Ave.
BGC Taguig, 1634

Manila, Philippines
0927 956 5540
(02) 823-8341

0 comments: