"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie you are so SWEET!


AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Azucar Boulangerie & Patisserie facade
Azucar is evidently of Spanish origin which means sugar. Boulangerie and Patisserie, on the other hand means bakery, bread and cake shop. We know what this cafe or shop tells. It tells us that it is sweet to be in here. There is no harm in trying so we tried dealing with this place with all our might ^_^

AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Past 11 AM of March 07, Wednesday, along with two of the beautiful people behind Big Deals we went to this newest cafe in San Juan City. It was my very first time to encounter this place in person and that day I was allowed to eat anything and taste test as it is within the promo mechanics....for FREE! And meet the hunk..I mean the part-owner of this Boulangerie and Patisserie.  I was so flabbergasted! It  was actually a mixed emotion of excitement and fear for I might go beyond limits of what I was doing that day. Over a few weeks back as I have stated in my previous blog post, I bought vouchers of Azucar's current deal from no other than Big Deals :)

Imagine getting unlimited cakes, pastries and breads selection coupled with unlimited Illy brewed coffee! for only P120. That's a simply irresistible deal. Why not join me as I tour you inside this simple little place which can only be found at the heart of San Juan City. A city where I grew up, learn interesting things and have seen great changes. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
There is really no place like home! Why won't you and your friends try hanging
out in here. Simply comfy as you sip Illy coffee partnered with your chosen
pastries and breads. You'll definitely have a great time.  The place has free wifi
so you'll always get in touch with the ones you dearly love.
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Cake display chiller. Temperature controlled for
cake's longer shelf-life :)
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Bread stand and shelves filled with artisan breads which are freshly-baked
 for you and me. They are included in the current Big Deals promo. Cool!
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Colorful menu boards that list down Azucar's house specialties from drinks to pastries and cakes. You will never run out of options in this cafe. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
                            AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Here's the GU Energy Gel of various flavors, Stash Premium Teas and cans of
Illy Espresso capsules.  All of these are imported products guaranteed to take
 Azucar's customers to a premium quality made finished products.   
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
This framed artwork intrigued me big time! Why? Because from afar it looked
like a painting but when you study it in a closer look you'll realize that
this is made of I think over 2000-pc puzzle. Amazing! Intense hardwork and an
eye for detail are the key to successfully finish this art without any missing piece.
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Clock is ticking as Ms. Thea, Ms. Sheryll and I were having a good time
telling our opinion about the place and food. Killing time as we wait for
one of the owners of Azucar Boulangerie & Patisserie 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Finally! Guys, meet Chef Morgan Cueson, Partner, R&D Chef, Pastry/Baker at Azucar. Our common denominator: We are both Thomasian!  He is so genial, armed with perfect smile and answers with all of the questions I struck him with. Say what he promised? To tour me soon at their humble commissary. *Excited much*
He is a well-traveled person and an experienced one I must say. He gained his HRM degree fom University of Santo Tomas, went to ISCAHM, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Konditorei and Backerei Dresden Germany, Clogs and Toques Food Service to hone his skills and talents. With his life's scenarios Great things come from small beginnings is truly applicable to him. He started small but is continuously  learning along the way. hence this place called AZUCAR. Next time I am hoping to meet Chef Joy Chua, his business partner.
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
BELEN atop the countertop table. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
The art of brewing  Illy coffee. Excited to taste this even if we are experiencing
the sweltering heat of summer. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
These imported chips are not cheap! How come? They are Terra chips, a known gourmet potato and vegetable chip that is surely appealing to our taste buds. I actually haven't tasted one. Perhaps when I return at this place anytime soon. I just realized that this place is not just limited to serving freshly baked products but also some snacks that are worth indulging. MMMmmmmm. . .

Can we talk about their artisan breads and freshly baked product line now? How about readying yourself with some fluids especially water as you might experience sugar rush before my food shots sharing even began? Haha! ^_^
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Packed cookies and brownies for pasalubong!
Also available for the cookies and bars category are the following: Chocolate Chop Cookies, Chewy Mango Cookies, Rocky Road Brownies, Food for the Gods and Butterscotch Bar. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Caramel Cake 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Donuts
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Almond Sansrival 
Almond Meringue slathered with buttercream and pampered with roasted almonds.
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie This slice of cake made me drool even up to now. Oh! The almond slivers are so right. This one from Azucar is not made with the usual or local peanut. Indulge as manly almond flakes as you want. Heavenly delicious. I am telling you, your P120 will be worth it even if you'll just have two more slices of this divinely delicious sansrival.
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Cream Puffs
Another favorite of yours truly. I used to manage a French-inspired cafe here in Manila for almost three years and this has been my ultimate favorite among the assorted French pastries. I always loved its creamy texture and buttery smell of its shell. Azucar's met my expectation for cream puffs but I would love it refrigerated first because I want it cold  :) Something that I did not requested as I am too hasty to finish one. 

AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Japanese Cake
 Soft, moist, spongy and really cheesy. It looked like ordinary to me at first sight but when I took a bite. Whoa! The taste was fantastic. I really didn't expect it to be that flavorful. When I get back to this place before my vouchers expire of course, I am going to have this one. 

The following cakes are also available but sometimes only by request: Ube Cake, Moist Chocolate Cake, Moist Chocolate Cake, Pistaccio Sansrival, Coco-Mango Gateux, Hazelnut Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, Tiramisu, Marjolane and Buko Pandan Cake among others. For your information, Azucar supplies to some of the cafes and coffee shops here in Manila :)

So, you still want more? Probably I'm gonna give you still. Here they are. . .

AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Miniature All-Meat Pizza
Big in taste but is not good for sharing. I can finish this piece in no time. I noticed that it is readily available at the counter area and will just be reheated when one orders or it. It is cheesy..something anyone of us wanted for their pizza. It was quite meaty but a little dry. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Banana Walnut Cupcakes
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Red Velvet Cupcake
I think what makes a cupcake more flavorful is its frosting. Azucar uses cream cheese frosting which is very ideal as it does not easily topple down, it is also delicious and creamy and considered to be the best topping for muffins and cakes besides buttercream icing :) Both were good in taste and aesthetic appeal, but If I had to choose I would choose the former. Why because it has richer in taste because of the nuts that are visible and absolutely edible. On the other hand, the latter is great enough but it did not meet that much my gold standard for a Red Velvet Cake. I find it not so striking color which is just fine with me because I somehow hate vibrant colors in food as to me it implies unnatural. It is red brown in color but the amount of cocoa use dd not satisfy me. Overall it is simply made yet delicious enough. 
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Portuguese Tarts
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
 Baguettes
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Ong Lai Tarts (Pineapple Tarts)
AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie
Eating all of the above without the injection of stimulating freshly brewed Illy coffee is lifeless. Just sip all you want and their friendly staff will always be ready to assist your needs. Need another cup after drinking 5 servings? No worries as it is unlimited too just like all the breads, cakes and pastries you see around. Make sure you have enough tummy space before getting at this boulangerie and patisserie. Help yourself to this inexpensive treat.  It fells alright. :)

Want to experience the same  goodness I had with Azucar Boulangerie and Patiserrie? Why not avail of Big Deals promos right now. Click here for further details. Should you want a gift certificate at half of its original price, to experience the same or maybe exceed the sweet cravings I had? You may purchase it here. Bon apetit!

Other products available: Pandesal, Spanish Bread, Pork Meat Floss Bread, Tuna Ohana, Cheesedog Supreme, Ensaymada, Cheeseroll, Cinnamon Bread, Veggie Pizza Bread, Tuna Turnover, Chicken Turnover, Apple Turnover, Peach Turnover, White Chocolate Bar, Caramel Bar, Fruit Cake, Food for the Gods and Japanese Cheesecake.

P.S.    30% off on all breads Mon-Fri. 6pm-8pm 
           50% off on all breads Sat-Sun 6pm-8pm

Now you are drooling! Who knows I might see you at Azucar! :)

AZUCAR Boulangerie & Patisserie

AZUCAR BOULANGERIE AND PATISSERIE
186-A Wilson St., Maytunas
San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines
Facebook Page

 Phone Number
(+63 2) 622-6109, (+63 917) 829-8227

Delivery
( 63 2) 622-6109, ( 63 917) 829-8227

Email: mcues13@yahoo.com

Operating Hours
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM



4 comments:

peachyberi said...

Mouthwatering pastries!! Ang sarap! I will definitely try their coffee as well.. ^^ punta ko dyan pag uwe ko. :)

Fatima said...

Foods and hOw you describe them really makes me oh so hungry!!!! ;)))))

YANI said...

All of them :)) This coffee a must-try really. It is Illy! I can guide you going at Azucar:)

YANI said...

Thanks Fatima! :)) I know you are drooling!