"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

UNDP Grant Program???



As I was sorting my email tonight, what had my attention was the very title of my blog post. I cannot really remember that I signed up to any of the things related to UNDP. I cannot even define what does it stand for as the only thing clear to me is that the first two letters mean United Nations.

Just so you know, here's the exact content of the email:




Attention: Email Owner,

You have been selected by the UN for a Humanitarian
Development Cash Grant program to enhance and develop
the standard of living geared towards poverty
eradication as targeted by the year 2020.You have been
granted the sum of 800,000.00 Pounds your grant pin
#UNF/FBF-816-1119 G-900-94.

Contact payment department for your funds.
Payment Officer : Mrs. Shannon Maris

You are to provide her your information below for claims.

1 Full Names:
2 Full Address:
3 Nationality:
4 Age:
5 Gender:
6 Occupation:
7 Cell Phone:
8 Present Country:
9 Alternate Email Address:

Regards,
Mrs. Carlton Joan.
Chairman UNDP Grant Programme




In my opinion I firmly believe that there is something fishy going on ...that this is some sort of a scam. I don't want to be a victim or my pals to fall on this crap so I am spreading the word. Have you received this kind of email before or maybe lately. Whether it is a YES or a NO I need to know your take on this. Please? 
If ever I am wrong, my apologies :'( I just needed someone else's confirmation and  to be informed as well. 

0 comments: