"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." -BUDDHA

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

BO's COFFEE: A Homegrown Goodness




Last April 21, Saturday I was among the handful few to be able to make it at the Bo's Coffee bloggers' meet-up at their Glorietta 5 branch. It was a simple, conducive get together with my fellow bloggers wherein we met two of the marketing people behind this homegrown brand.

Facade. Not your ordinary coffee shop. Brown, black and white colors combined together to form such a homey atmosphere. It was in June 28, 1996 when  Bo’s Coffee opened its first branch in Ayala Center Cebu. 
Steve Benitez is the  Founder and CEO of Bo's Coffee.

Outside seating spells comfort. I love the fashion of this place. It is exuding with style
and confidence. The weaved chairs look elegant.

Interiors. Tastefully done! Soothing environment indeed.
This lamp got my attention as I was studying some details of the shop. Little did I know
that these were designed by an award-winning designer named
Kenneth Cobonpue.

Found at Bo's Coffee shops is a display kiosk with vacuum-packed coffee beans merchandise.
Organic Tea are available too. Can be bought by piece (good as one order) or by the box which I surmise is a lot cheaper.
NEW! Bo's Trail Mix. If you want to have some quick snack but a rather healthy and filling one, then this is a must-try.
Found at the counter area. This is surely a mix one cannot resist with its flavorful and unique blend of cranberries, peanuts, pumpkin seed, cashews, dried mangoes and raisins.
           
Now, let me take you to this video (taken using my iPad 2) as Ms. Ana Liza C. Benitez, Marketing Assistant Manager of Bo's Coffee and Ms. Joy Anne Reynaldo, Chief Navigator of Magnetic North Enterprises, as they explain the brief beginnings of Bo's Coffee, its difference, and what it is today.

Amaretto Biscotti
As we listen to them and raise questions we were served with this newest craze in town. This could be your great companion too this summer. It is a blended coffee with biscotti ( I am addicted to this before and now it is all coming back to me) and Amaretto syrup topped with whipped cream, dark chocolate drizzle and crushed biscotti sprinkle. It is considered a fusion as we do not need to drink coffee and eat our favorite biscotti to match our brewed coffee. Summer bliss? Oh yeah it surely it is.

Bo’s Coffee accomplishes just-roasted freshness by primarily sourcing its coffee from Batangas, Cavite and the Cordilleras, thus eliminating the time it takes to import beans from abroad. Bo’s Coffee also makes sure that it orders beans only as needed so that stocks are kept fresh. To make this possible, its logistics and sourcing team carefully forecast monitor stock levels in its warehouse and in the stores.


Chocolate Cake


Whenever I go to Bo's Coffee at the nearest branch (San Juan) to kill time I usually order for a piece of big cookie. So that goes to show that this is my very first time to try their cakes. This is a must-try I must tell you guys as it is super moist. I hardly finish a big slice but still managed to do so. Oh so luscious. No calorie counting please?! :)

Blueberry Cheesecake
The coolest thing about cakes is that we were even allowed to sample on a piece of this heavenly cheesecake. Cheesecakes are my favorite. This one is a winner in every bite. I consumed almost half of it together with my seatmate and we were so glad and can't help to smile in every spoonful. Try this too should you plan to visit the nearest branch.

Thanks for this loot bag. Now I can taste the trail mix they are talking about and a mug which will forever remind me that Bo's Coffee is one of the country's premier local specialty coffee brands.


This is something I am looking forward to. Bo's Coffee's ALL DAY BREAKFAST.
Available at selected stores only. Will visit this very place again to try
how hearty their breakfast meal is. 


Bo’s Coffee is a proudly homegrown specialty coffee brand. Since 1996, it has grown to include 58 outlets strategically located in Metro Manila, Tagaytay, Laguna, Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo, Bohol, Dumaguete, Calbayog, Tacloban, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Cotabato and Zamboanga. Find out more on its website, http://www.boscoffee.com and its blog,http://blog.boscoffee.com.

0 comments: